Vascular tissue system
- Constitute the vascular bundles.
- Procambial strands of plerome of apical meristem forms the vascular tissue.
- It consists of xylem & phloem.
Xylem(wood) is made of tracheids, vessels, xylem parenchyma & xylem fibres.
Phoem(bast) is made of sieve elements, companion cells, phloem parenchyma & phloem fibres.
- Early formed xylem & phloem are referred as protoxylem & protophloem.
- Later formed are referred as metaxylem & metaphloem.
- Are of 2 types:
Xylem & Phloem form separate bundles present on different radii.
Xylem is exarch i.e., protoxylem towards periphery & metaxylem towards the center.
Found in roots.