Krebs Cycle -mnemonic
Citrate is Krebs’ Starting Substrate For Making Oxaloacetate.
To Understand what happens to end products of TCA Cycle/ Krebs Cycle, Read Electron Transport Chain(ETC).
ALSO, WATCH Glycolysis Mnemonic, Electron Transport Chain.
Electron Transport Chain
Electrons from NADH and FADH2 are passed through a series of electron acceptors present in the inner membrane of mitochondria.
- 2 NADH produced during glycolysis,
- 2 NADH, produced during pyruvic acid oxidation, &
- 6 NADH AND 2 FADH2, produced during Kreb cycle.
Four enzyme complexes of ETC
- Complex I – NADH dehydrogenase complex.
- Complex II – Succinate-UQ reductase complex.
- Complex III – UQH2-cytochrome c reductase complex.
- Complex IV – Cytochrome c oxidase complex.