Animal Kingdom Mnemonics 3
Examples: Pinctada, Sepia, Octopus, Dentalium, Aplysia, Chaetopleura, Pila, Loligo.
Animal Kingdom Mnemonics 2
PHYLUM ASCHELMINTHES/ NEMATODA:
Examples: Ancylostoma, Wuchereria, Ascaris, Rhabditis.
Animal Kingdom Mnemonics1
PHYLUM PORIFERA (SPONGES):
Examples: Spongilla, Euspongia, Sycon
GENETIC DISEASES – Mnemonic
Autosomal recessive diseases:
- SICKLE CELL ANAEMIA: gene present on the 11th chromosome.
- PHENYLKETONURIA: gene present on the 12th chromosome.
- THALASSEMIA: α-thalassemia gene is present on 16th chromosome while β-thalassemia gene is present on the 11th chromosome.
- ALKAPTONURIA: the gene is present on the 3rd chromosome.
- CYSTIC FIBROSIS: the gene is present on 7th chromosome.